Stage management class
- This announcement appeared on pdxbackstage, but I thought it worth posting here. I was able to take one of the classes, and I thought it was very, very good and well worth the money.
Here it is:
I am offering my popular Stage Management Seminar again in August. The seminar is being offered through Compass Rep, but it's the same deal as always.
- This seminar is an adaptation of the SM Methods Class I taught as Stage Management Instructor at the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama in Pittsburgh. I taught all Carnegie's SM courses and mentored all SM's (grad and undergrad) for five years.
- There are three seminars (approx 3 hours each): 1. SM in Rehearsal 2. SM in Tech 3. SM in Performance
- The cost is $125 in advance for all three seminars, or $50 per at the door.
- For each student you recruit, you receive a $25 discount on your admission. (Find five others and you attend for free! Or share your discount and each of you pay only $105 for all three sessions)
- Three Saturdays 1pm to 4pm: Saturday, August 20; Saturday, August 27; Saturday, Sept 3. (I understand that Sept 3 is Labor Day weekend, and if the entire class can decide on an alternate time, I'm easy.)
- Location: TBA
- Class size is somewhat limited, and we hit the limit the last time, so reserve your place now.
- Reply to compassrep@... for more information.
Remember: If you are a well-trained and well-respected SM (ie - if you know what you are doing and can do it effectively), you will work!
If you are a hoping to become a working stage manager, or always working to become a better stage manager, then this is the place for you. This is also a great seminar for students (high school and university) who are looking to become better student SM's.
- Bruce Hostetler