RE: [newcenturyplayers] Please Read and Consider!!!!

  • Cinnamon-Hill
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2009

      We will pop in from time to time.  Bren will have some Saturday Soccer games, but we can put in a few hours.  I am buried with a huge show I’m putting on in Lake Oswego, which I do not have art done for yet!!  So I’m not sure how much time I will have but we will be there when we can!  ;-)

      I can faux paint, etc., if that helps.

      Kath Jones

      www.cinnamonhilldesign.com

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cinnamonhill/sets/

      "Anytime a man forms an opinion not based on facts, then he’s a fool."       (Wilson- “Home Improvement”)

      From: carolep@...
      Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:41:27 -0700

      Hi,
      I'd like to volunteer to help out with The Wizard of Oz, however, I am
      unable to come tomorrow. What does the schedule look like? Just as an
      aside, I was Glinda in the Canby Summer Theater production three years
      ago, so I am familiar with the play!

      Carole

      > Can you e-mail the cast telling them we need set help tomorrow at 9am here
      > at RPHS??
      >
      > Kelley Marchant
      >
      > 503-880-2911
      >

      > To: newcenturyplayers@yahoogroups.com
      > From: dsellget@...
      > Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 05:59:59 -0700
      > Subject: RE: [newcenturyplayers] Please Read and Consider!!!!

      > I have
      > the list of volunteer email addresses too if you want to make a special
      > plea to
      > them for help on sets, etc. I think the letter will work (fingers
      > crossed)
      > so thanks for writing it Kelley.

      Behalf Of KELLEY
      > MARCHANT
      > Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:03 PM
      > Subject:
      > [newcenturyplayers] Please Read and Consider!!!!
      >

      > Dear NCP Supporters and Volunteers!
      >
      > I wanted to reach out to you all as like many others
      > companies at this time, we currently find ourselves in a very tough
      > financial situation and we are
      > looking to our core group of followers to provide any kind of support
      > you
      > can.
      > As you know, we are in currently in rehearsals for our
      > summer show, The Wizard of Oz. We know that we have taken a calculated
      > risk in
      > producing a big budget musical but we believe whole-heartedly,
      > particularly
      > during these times of economic uncertainty, that the Arts play an even
      > more
      > vital role within our community, and that an evening at the theatre is
      > so much
      > more than just a night out with friends or family. We feel now more than
      > ever
      > that theatre can be a wonderful excuse to escape - and what better world
      > escape to that the merry old Land of Oz!
      > Wizard of Oz will also be a landmark show for us as
      > it will be the first time we are integrating our Youth Theatre Camp kids
      > in to
      > a full scale production. We are so excited to give kids from our own
      > back yard
      > such a unique opportunity that they will remember for a very long time
      > come.
      >
      > I am hoping that with your help we can make this
      > show really “fly” – both
      > literally and figuratively, and we turn to you to request any kind of
      > support
      > you can give. We are not only in of need financial support but as this
      > show
      > will have a cast of up to 70, we are looking for volunteer hours too. We
      > really need all the help we can get to continue our mission as a company
      > and remain a vital
      > part of the arts in Clackamas County.
      >
      > If you wish to make a monetary donation or are
      > interested in volunteering your time, please contact me at
      > kelley@...
      or by calling 503-367-2620. Our work