Branching out

  • elisabethgoebel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
      Our own Glenn Russell (CALIFORNIA SUITE) is appearing in the Sandy
      Actor's Theatre production of EGAD, THE W0MAN IN WHITE!

      7 November - 6 December
      Friday/Saturday at 8 PM
      Sundays at 6 PM

      Tickets $10 to $12.

      Reservations 503.668.6834
      www.sandyactorstheatre.org
    • greenglenn@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
        Elizabeth;  So sweet of you to send this message, I was surprised!  You were wonderful, as always, as Miss Marple.  I saw it opening night.   This is hell week at Sandy, after that I'll be doing a living history skit at the Grotto on random nights (nothing to brag about) until Dec. 31st.  Hope to see you again soon.  Glenn

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2009
          The charming Cheryl Nelson (STEEL MAGNOLIAS, A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S
          SCREAM and A MURDER IS ANN0UNCED) is appearing onstage at the Fertile
          Ground New Play Festival.

          Details follow!

          _____________________________________

          FERTILE GROUND NEW PLAY FESTIVAL & PORTLAND AREA THEATRE ALLIANCE
          Present

          UPON WAKING
          By Claire Willett

          DIRECTED BY: Jessica Nikkel
          STARRING: Cory Huff, Pat Janowski, Alan King, Amanda Naylor, Cheryl
          Nelson and Daniel Stoltenberg

          Troubled by vivid nightmares after the sudden and tragic death of his
          beloved twin sister, brilliant but unstable poet Saul Campion consults
          therapist Magda Bellini for help. Shortly thereafter he goes missing
          and is presumed to have killed himself. Sam, a young reporter with
          unknown motives of his own, insists Saul is still alive and enlists
          Magda's reluctant aid to prove it. Their investigation turns up more
          questions than answers. As the two delve into Saul's past, they
          descend deeper into a labyrinth of tragic death, earth-shattering
          family secrets, mental illness and deception. The unlikely allies find
          themselves in very real danger as the mysteries begin to unravel, and
          must decipher the trail of clues left for them â€" a packed overnight
          bag, a wedding gift, Saul's cryptic poetry - to discover the truth
          before it's too late.

          FRIDAY, JANUARY 23 & SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 @ 8:00 P.M.

          Tickets:
          $8 for adults, $6 for students & seniors, or with a festival discount
          button. For sale here: http://pdxtix.net/ClaireWillett

          Address & Directions:
          Vanport Square Studio (5229 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., #102)
          The Vanport Square plaza is located on MLK and Sumner, just a block or
          so past Alberta. To get to the studio, turn left on Sumner and enter
          through the parking lot behind the building.
        • Christine A. Shields
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 24, 2009
            I saw this staged reading last night and loved it. Claire Willett
            combined so many elements in her story. There's mystery, comedy,
            tragedy and even some Shakespearean quotes thrown in for good
            measure. All the actors did a great job, especially the 3 principals.
            Tonight is the final performance, so try and get over to NE early. If
            the positive feedback gets around, I'm sure it will sell out. One
            warning. It runs long... around 2/12 hours. I suspect the author will
            do some cutting before it becomes a full production.

            Chris Shields