FREE NEIL SIMON at Profile Theatre

  • KELLEY MARCHANT
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2008

      Below is the info on the show I'm doing next week and it's FREE!
      Would love to have you come!!!

      Hugs!
      Kelley

      PROFILE THEATRE presents NEIL SIMON’S  I Ought To Be In Pictures Directed by JoAnn Johnson and featuring Danny Bruno, Kelley Marchant and Anna Reiselman

      THIS IS A FREE EVENT.    THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR TICEKTS.

      RESERVATIONS RECOMMENDED.      CALL 503-242-0080

      Performances:            September 25 @ 7:30pm

                                          September 26 @ 7:30pm

                                          September 27 @ 2:00pm & 7:30pm

                                          September 28 @ 2:00pm

      Profile opens its 2008-2009 season with this staged reading which is free and open to the public. Profile Theatre will continue the season with four fully produced shows and two other staged readings. This FREE production is a first for Profile and it is our way both of giving back to the community and of reaching out to new audiences.

      Great American playwright Neil Simon has penned over 30 plays, he is considered by many to be the world’s most successful modern-day playwright. He has received more Academy and Tony award nominations than any other writer, is the only playwright to have had four Broadway productions running simultaneously (1966:  Sweet Charity, The Star Spangled Girl, The Odd Couple, Barefoot in the Park,) and has had more plays adapted to film than any other American playwright, in addition to writing a number of original screenplays himself.

      “Born in the Bronx on the fourth of July, Neil Simon’s plays are informed by the American optimism of a true Yankee Doodle Dandy and the rich Yiddish humor of Molly Picon, who, I like to believe, is related to all Jewish Americans. After choosing the playwright, the next challenge is deciding which plays to produce. Over the years, I’ve discovered that with many of the playwrights we’ve featured, we could have easily presented two seasons by that one single playwright because of that writer’s richness, diversity and extensive body of work. Mr. Simon could keep us in business for the next five years, easily.”

      - Jane Unger

      All performances are held at Theater!Theatre!  3430 SE Belmont Street in Portland.

      For more information or to reserve seats, visit www.profiletheatre. org or call 503-242-0080

      Cindy Lyndin

      Director of Administration

      Profile Theatre