Nationals and Grand Prix update

  • Bill Harriman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 9:58 AM
      There were only 8 male and 3 female finishers from the entire New England region in the National Masters Championship at the Reggie Lewis Track in Boston on March 30. There were 2 DQ's. This was a disappointing turnout at a time when we need more participation at the races to keep our sport going.

      The next local race will be the Danehy Park 5k season opener on April 13th, and the next grand prix race will be the Clamdigger 8k at Westerly RI on April 27th.

      Women

      Marcia Gutsche, 14:03
      Maryanne Torrellas, 14:45
      Joanne Harriman, 19:18

      Men

      Patrick Collier, 13:24
      Bob Keating, 14:20
      Rich McElvery, 15:08
      Bill Harriman, 16:50
      Bob Ullman, 17:16
      Tom Knatt, 17:55
      Charlie Mansbach, 18:27
      Don Murray, 19:43

    • J. Light
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 7:46 AM

        Hello, all—Once again, I’m looking for judges (certified or otherwise) for April 27 Clamdigger 8k Grand Prix race walk at Misquamicut (Westerly).  Walk starts at 10:45, 15 min. before runners.  Judges will receive high quality caps and a pair of gloves, as well as excellent post-race refreshments, including famous chowder.

        There are some beautiful b&b’s with off-season rates in the area for those who want to make a weekend of it. I’ll be happy to send a list of my favorites as well as recommended restaurants.

        Please reply if you’d like to judge.  Thanks.

        Joe Light

        jolt47@...

      • David Baldwin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 8:41 AM
          We would be there, Joe, but we are tied up with high school track this time of year.

          David B.

          Hello, all—Once again, I’m looking for judges (certified or otherwise) for April 27 Clamdigger 8k Grand Prix race walk at Misquamicut (Westerly).  Walk starts at 10:45, 15 min. before runners.  Judges will receive high quality caps and a pair of gloves, as well as excellent post-race refreshments, including famous chowder.

          There are some beautiful b&b’s with off-season rates in the area for those who want to make a weekend of it. I’ll be happy to send a list of my favorites as well as recommended restaurants.

          Please reply if you’d like to judge.  Thanks.

          Joe Light

          jolt47@...

          To unsubscribe from the NEWalkers discussion group, send an email to: