Re: [N.E.W.] Annual meeting

  • Thomas Knatt
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 4, 2006
      Dear group,
      I will set it up for a single loop 10K. If anyone wants to do 5K, we can
      mark that course too.

      I don't know about the availablility of bathrooms. Anyone who wants to come
      early and leave food etc., can use the one at the house. Thre is a small
      Dunkin Donuts in Groton Center, but I haven't been there. If you are coming
      up I-495, you can get off at Route 2 west, and then go north on Route 111.
      At the rotary in Ayer with Route 2A, you will see Wendy's and McDonalds
      which have facilities. You then continue on Route 111 into Groton Center,
      and go east on Route 119 to Station Ave. Come dressed and prepared to race.

      BTW, Charlie points out that Station Ave. is just past the intersection of
      Routes 40 and 225 in Groton when heading west on Route 119. There is also
      an intersection with Route 4 about 2 miles earlier. Please make this
      correction in the directions.
      Tom
      Tom
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 4, 2006
        Correction to directions.
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 6, 2006
          Results of NEW club 10K racewalk, Nov. 5, 2006 in Groton MA:
          1. Rich McElvery, Mont Vernon NH 58:16
          2. Joe Light, Westerly RI 59:02
          3. Charlie Mansbach, Newton MA 1:07:18
          4. Thomas Knatt, Groton MA 1:09:14
          5. Joseph della Grotte, Acton MA 1:10:47
          6. Bill Harriman, Tewksbury MA 1:11:26
          7. Beth Katcher, Newton MA 1:11:43
          8. Joanne Harriman, Tewksbury MA 1:13:52

          Also, Julia and Bob Falciola walked 5K in 52:35
          Thomas Knatt
> [...]
          >> Townsend,
          >> you have gone too far. The house is one mile down on the right, 3 houses
          >> past the Bertozzi/Squannacook Wildlife Area sign. It is a beige split
          >> level ranch, with a two story gambrel style garage to the left. DO NOT
          >> PARK ON THE PAVEMENT! We can put about 5-6 cars in front of the garage,
          >> 2
          >> in the driveway besides ours, and 3 off the pavement on the grass in
          >> front
          >> of the house. I hope that is enough. If not, the Bertozzi parking area
          >> about 1/4 mile away can be used.
          >>
          >> See the telephone # below. Annie's cell phone # is 1-617-875-9555, if
          >> you
          >> have any last minute questions the day of the event, and we are not at
          >> the
          >> house. Can someone send this to the Cambridge Sports Union and other
          >>> or