Re: [Distillers] Re: bakers yeast

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2003
      Jeremy, here is my "freedom" recipe with bakers yeast and supermarket supplies:

      Get two bags of sugar, 5 lb each. Also get a 473 ml jar of molasses, one can of tomato paste and Fleischmann's "Rapid Rise" bakers yeast. The yeast comes as three packets, 7g each, joined together. Dissolve one and a half bags of sugar in approximately 10 Liters of plain hot tap water using an appropriate container. Stainless steel pot is very fine for it. Add there tomato puree and 1/2 jar of molasses. After water cools to room temperature, topple the pot with water up to the 15 Liter mark. Sprinkle on top one packet (if you want sprinkle two packets 2x7g=14g) of yeast and wait for a week. Distill after all activity cease. Use the remaining half bag of sugar for tea or coffee.

      jeremyd6697 <jeremyd6697@...> wrote:
      Which recipie did you use?

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...

    • jeremyd6697
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2003
        Thanks for that. I'll have to give that a try!

        One question though. Wont the tomato paste add a tomato flavour to
        the end result? Is there anything that could be used to replace it?

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, BOKAKOB <bokakob@y...> wrote:
        > Jeremy, here is my "freedom" recipe with bakers yeast and
        supermarket supplies:

        > Get two bags of sugar, 5 lb each. Also get a 473 ml jar of
        molasses, one can of tomato paste and Fleischmann's "Rapid Rise"
        bakers yeast. The yeast comes as three packets, 7g each, joined
        together. Dissolve one and a half bags of sugar in approximately 10
        Liters of plain hot tap water using an appropriate container.
        Stainless steel pot is very fine for it. Add there tomato puree and
        1/2 jar of molasses. After water cools to room temperature, topple
        the pot with water up to the 15 Liter mark. Sprinkle on top one
        packet (if you want sprinkle two packets 2x7g=14g) of yeast and wait
        for a week. Distill after all activity cease. Use the remaining half
        bag of sugar for tea or coffee.

        > jeremyd6697 <jeremyd6697@y...> wrote:
        > Which recipie did you use?
        >

        > I can be wrong I must say
        > Cheers, Alex...

      • BOKAKOB
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2003
          I dunno Boss, I go for the pure stuff -> 95% abv... at this stage it leaves all flavors behind...

          jeremyd6697 <jeremyd6697@...> wrote:Thanks for that. I'll have to give that a try!

          One question though. Wont the tomato paste add a tomato flavour to
          the end result? Is there anything that could be used to replace it?

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, BOKAKOB <bokakob@y...> wrote:
          > Jeremy, here is my "freedom" recipe with bakers yeast and
          supermarket supplies:

          > Get two bags of sugar, 5 lb each. Also get a 473 ml jar of
          molasses, one can of tomato paste and Fleischmann's "Rapid Rise"
          bakers yeast. The yeast comes as three packets, 7g each, joined
          together. Dissolve one and a half bags of sugar in approximately 10
          Liters of plain hot tap water using an appropriate container.
          Stainless steel pot is very fine for it. Add there tomato puree and
          1/2 jar of molasses. After water cools to room temperature, topple
          the pot with water up to the 15 Liter mark. Sprinkle on top one
          packet (if you want sprinkle two packets 2x7g=14g) of yeast and wait
          for a week. Distill after all activity cease. Use the remaining half
          bag of sugar for tea or coffee.

          > jeremyd6697 <jeremyd6697@y...> wrote:
          > Which recipie did you use?
          >

          > I can be wrong I must say