????

  • Stevensgang@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2000
      Well ! All seems very quiet out there is anyone working on a batch of
      'moon'? What happened to the feller that was going to brew up a batch of
      applejack? To the feller that wanted to know if anybody knew how to make
      charcoal . Foxfire says to strain your 'moon' through a double handful
      of washed hickory coals. It seems like I read on the back of a whiskey
      bottle one time where this paticular whiskey at the distillery was
      filtered thru 3 ft. of maple charcoal. I don't know if this helps but
      its some info I thought I would pass it along. Tony are we losing people
      here or is it just a busy time for everybody? Well I guess thats it for
      now still waiting on reply from Deb and or her hubby!! Thanks!!!
    • Levi Langershank
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2004
        What type still?...how big is the boiler/wash/mash etc?....where is the
        thermometer located?....what ingredients did you use to make the
        wash/mash/wine/beer you are distilling?...what makes you think the
        thermometer is accurate?...etc...etc...etc....:>)

        >From: Trevor Simmonds <gasrat@...>

        >Subject: [new_distillers] ????
        >Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:05:52 +1200
        >
        >What does it mean if you collect two and a half litres of liquid from
        >your still before the temperature reaches 78 Degrees C?
        >
        >Thermometer sappears to be accurate.

      • Trevor Simmonds
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2004
          Reflux still
          column stuffed with SS wool
          23 Litres
          thermometer at top of column accurate at freezing and boiling point with
          evenly spaced graduations
          ingredients Still spirits turbo 8 Kgs white refined sugar in 25 Litres
          water.

          Distillate tastes and smells really bad

          Levi Langershank wrote:

          > What type still?...how big is the boiler/wash/mash etc?....where is the
          > thermometer located?....what ingredients did you use to make the
          > wash/mash/wine/beer you are distilling?...what makes you think the
          > thermometer is accurate?...etc...etc...etc....:>)

          I wrote ....

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2004
            I have never used that particular turbo yeast but,from my personal
            experience/IMPO,the faster/higher %age turbos make the least desirable
            distillate.......have you tried carbon treatment?...it can make a dramatic
            difference (if done properly)....good luck