The Flange

  • The Ooz
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Alex,

      I'm just about complete in collecting all of the bits for my project. I like
      the look of your screw-together fitting for the attachment to the boiler and
      was wondering if you could let me know of the type of shop you bought it
      from? Was it a plumbing supplier?

      Thanks!

      Adam

      Get less junk mail with ninemsn Premium. Click here
    • BOKAKOB
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        Yes, I bought it from a pretty large contractor's plumbing setup. I had to dodge a couple of strange looks though... The bottom flange is made of brass and called here a "companion flange." This flange does not have any threads. The inside of the cylinder is smooth and bored to accept a regular 2" female adaptor made of copper. When I was purchasing these details I explained that it was for my kid's "school project."

        These days I would not use this arrangement. I think it is much easier to purchase a regular 1.5" dia. sink drain. When turned upside down it makes almost perfect adaptor for 2" copper pipe. It is made of stainless steel, it has a decent collar to attach to the boiler, the collar has screw type large diameter holding nut and the 1.5" slip nut fits nicely inside 2" copper pipe to form srew type connection. It costs only around US$3.00 making it extremely cheap, just make sure that the slip nut is made of brass (or sort of) and not from aluminum.

        In contrary, the brass flange was US19.00 + 2" female adaptor was US$5.00 + 2" male adaptor was US$5.00 + s.s. hardware was US4.00 totalling approximately US$32.00

        Hi Alex,

        I'm just about complete in collecting all of the bits for my project. I like the look of your screw-together fitting for the attachment to the boiler and was wondering if you could let me know of the type of shop you bought it from? Was it a plumbing supplier?
        Thanks!
        Adam

        I can be wrong I must say
        Cheers, Alex...