Burst Fire Triac

  • dark_taet
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      Just wanted to share with those newbies out there....

      If your like me and bought a Still Spirits Boiler and need to lower
      the watts for a nice slow distillation you should definitely look at
      getting the Sutronics Burst Fire Triac... BFM240-13 the unit costs
      about 30 pound.

      http://www.sutronics.com/acatalog/detail_bfm240_13.html

      I then went to Jaycar and bought a housing, some heatsync paste, and
      an extension cord and circular crimp fittings.

      My box is 150 x 150 x 100 aluminium and acts as an excellent
      heatsync.

      Cut extension cord in half, watch expression on wifes face.. trust
      me priceless... ;-) Attach the ends of the extension cord to the
      triac unit using the crimps.

      Drilled a 10mm hole in the box, slapped heatsync paste on the triac
      unit and spread it out. Attached to the box and tighten the nut..

      (I also bought a 240V fan, but after assembly the unit doesnt get
      hot enough to need it)

      Fasten the cable inside the box (stop it being accidentally pulled
      out) using whatever method.. ie large amount of silicon, duct tape
      etc..

      Now if anyone out there thinks what i have done is bad speak up, i
      know playing with 240V is all bad... I just love my new unit and
      had to share, i'd previously been to scared to try.

      Oh and i've updated my archives... Improve the way it sorts by
      author and email address.

      New Distillers
      http://www.taet.com.au/ndistillers.nsf

      Distillers