Mash or Mush

  • joesomebody412
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      Help please,

      Can someone please give a simplified version of the technique for
      using corn. I went to the feed store and bought a bag of cracked
      corn, read all of the info i could find, and tried to cook my corn.
      I ended up with a substance that is similar in texture to oatmeal
      that set on the stove for a few days, not to mention i had to use
      sandpaper to clean my new stainless pot(boo hoo hoo). Another
      question, If i do use corn, will it be necessary to use malt if i
      have the actual whiskey yeast, or does it supply all the enzymes to
      convert the starch to sugar.

      And one more thing, if i have a single reducer from bokabob can i
      simply remove the packing/reflux tube and use as a pot still. I did
      not know if i should simply remove the packing or not use the entire
      column.

      As always thanks for all the help and knowledge.

      PS. Is there some sort of support group for the wives of new
      distillers who seem to have some sort of breakdown each time a
      credit card bill comes in?? ha ha ha