Re: Still Manufacture

  • tfurey7
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2003
      I run that exact same still, I extended the condenser to 12" and
      absolutly nothing escapes. Also you can try putting a SS scrubber in
      the top.
      BTW you don't really need the valve for the reflux line, and make
      sure the reflux line extends further into the bottom cap than the
      output line.

      Cheers,
      Tim

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Pieter Noom" <groucho@d...>
      wrote:
      > More stupid questions. I quite like the design for a valved
      reflux still I
      > found at www.moonshine-still.com and I intend to build same. One
      thing
      > worries me however, in that the still head condenser assembly, which
      > contains the cooling coil, and which is offset to the column,
      appears to be
      > open to the atmosphere. i.e. it seems to have no cap. Being a mug
      at this
      > game, I have no wish to lose precious materials (substitute money)
      and