Re: distiller yeast in Aus?

  • Campbell Ritchie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2003
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, vector180 <Vector180W@n...>
      wrote:
      > Having never used anything but turbo temp tollerant/sugar wash
      whats
      > your recipe? I had a quick look at the site and there be lots to
      choose
      > from:)
      >
      >snip

      I use L2226 yeast and Smudges recipe from homedistiller.org under
      Sugar based washes.
      They never ferment out as quickly as stated on the site but take
      about 8 days to ferment and I leave it for about 4 days to settle.
      The latest wash I'm doing is a bit of a cross between this and Dr
      Cones ideas from The compleate distiller. I tried to really push it
      with 9kg sugar in 25 l and it has got down to 1040 and is going very
      slowly now but I'm not in this for speed so I'll just wait and see.

      Gardyloo!

      Campbell