Re: [new_distillers] Steel Boilers and Deadly Poison

  • G&N
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
      A Stainless Steel 50 litre beer keg is a good boiler but i wont say where to
      get one from!!

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
        I purchased my ss keg at the local rubish tip shop for $20.

        Kez
        A Stainless Steel 50 litre beer keg is a good boiler but i wont say where to
        get one from!!

        > I am a new distiller and I am beginning to build my own still.
        > However, I have run into some problems trying to find a cheap
        > boiler.  One site on the net:
        > http://www.generalcontainer.com/home.htm sells steel drums that are
        > the right size.  The description says "Made from Class I commercial
        > quality, continous-cast carbon steel and tested with equipment
        > utilizing the latest technology."  I have been reading up on past
        > messages and was concerned when I realized I could die from
        > galvanized steel poisoning.  My question is if the steel drum which
        > is cheaper, would be alright as opposed to the stainless steel.
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Jesse

      • G&N
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
          Any hotel at night time would be a good place to get one too i recon!!!hehe

        • jessemull@home.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2001
            Actually I was more concerned with the idea of using "cast carbon
            steel." I don't want to produce a product that could be toxic and
            was wondering if the "cast carbon steel" would be harmful to use.

            > Any hotel at night time would be a good place to get one too i
            recon!!!hehe

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Service.

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor