Plum mash

  • John Wisbey
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      Hi, Rutger

      I have completed the 2nd distillation without blowing myself up. You are right, it does taste better. I managed to get 6 batches of 500ml, the first 4 came over at about 78 Deg. C and about 80% abv. number 5 came over at about 84 Deg C at 72% and 6 came over with a final temperature of 95 Deg. C at 45%. They all smell OK, as far as I can tell, and as yet I have not tasted them all. Should I mix them all together and cut to about 45% with distilled water, or should I keep the last 500ml for another run at some time?

      Your advice will be most welcome

      John Wisbey