Electric Heating Element

  • jessemull@home.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6 6:19 PM
      I was wondering where exactly you buy a heating element that is
      1500W. I own a hot plate but I don't know exactly how powerful of a
      heating element it is. Are most hot plates in the U.S. 1500W? Or do
      I need something much much bigger?
    • Francis Graham
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9 5:01 AM
        Does anyone have a problem with people saying that
        your liquor has an ethanol smell to it? I have quite a
        few friends who produce their own spirits and they
        speak of having the same problem. I noticed the smell
        in both their spirits and mine when I first began, but
        now I can no longer notice it and they say the same.
        My spirit is of reasonable quality ( approx 90% prior
        to cutting it ) & I put aside more heads than
        recommended by most people & I'm not greedy & stop
        production before the tails become apparent. I use the
        recommended amount of activated carbon & polish it
        through a stillspirits commercial system. If anyone
        could recommend a way to overcome this , I would
        appreciate their advice.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Father's Day Shopping
        - Find the perfect gift for your Dad for Father's Day
      • Matt
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9 8:06 AM
          On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:01:53PM +1000, Francis Graham wrote:
          > Does anyone have a problem with people saying that
          > your liquor has an ethanol smell to it? I have quite a

          perhaps you mean....methanol or gasohol? ethanol = ethyl alcohol = EtOH =
          vodka (when diluted to 40% with water :-) ... so if they're telling you
          it smells like ethanol then you're doing just fine!

          Matthew @ psibercom