Re: power source

  • Alexander-James Corbin Rauwsen III
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
      > I completely agree. I too did the clock thing when I was a kid..
      > one of the all mechanical ones with the two bells on top with a
      > striker in the middle. I got the backing off, and *SPROING*... the
      > parts suddenly lept out of the casing. Oops.
      The secret to getting clocks and watches apart with out the parts
      flying all over the place is to let the mainspring down before you
      take any screws out of the bridges. The second largest problem is
      cheap clocks and watches use a single plate to hold all the wheels and
      escapment together more expensive ones use seperate plates (bridges)
      for the train, balance, escapement, mainspring. If you dont know what
      any of this means is best to leave your broken clock broken but complete.
      Im working on still #2 the small carbonator tank (4 USG) worked great
      but Im looking to bigger and more high tech. A friend left me 2 old
      stainless firestone 15.5 USG kegs over the weekend the kind with a
      hole in the side and top. the thing that really caught me was the
      keyhole shaped bulge in the bottom perfect for fitting a heating
      element into fron the side. I threaded a piece of stainless pipe to
      take a water heater element planning to weld it in the side tomorrow.
      For control I picked up a really cool foxboro temp controller takes
      RTD in, on off control out, multiple set points ect...
      Ive been lurking for awhile but the weather is getting cold and that
      means time to work on things around the house where its warm.
      Laterz
      AJ