What do u think

  • cobber19_98@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Here is a drawing of my still, i haven't finished it yet but
      hopefully it will b alright. It's one metre tall (1.5 inch copper)
      with a 400mm long condensor and a couple of pass through pipes for
      the reflux, i have seen that most pll with this sort of still has
      either a pass through pipe at the bottom and at the top but mine r
      both at the top, but mine has pure cold water through them not warm
      water from the condensor. I was wondering if i should change that to
      warm water or not or leave it the way it is????? (P.S. it has valves
      to adjust the flow of all water! the picture is a bit crude) Thanx
      alot KRAMER!
    • Tony & Elle Ackland
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        Kramer

        Your design looks great - should do the trick nicely. It should be easy
        enough to experiment with the plumbing, and find which works best for you.
        The advantage of having the reflux cooling seperate is that you can turn it
        off easily, without affecting the performance of the main vapour condensor.
        But all in one is tidier, less prone to leaks, and fine if you're always
        going to be running some reflux. Keep it as your've drawn it ?

        Tony