Re: [new_distillers] dumb question

  • G&N
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2001
      Kez ...i use turbo extra all the time ....i would be beside myself if it took 5 weeks ....my last wash was the best run i recon ..i have the fermenter in the house also and i wrapped the wash up with a couple of towels and a doona from the start it went to 30 degrees on the second night [bubbling like crazy] and it went down to 985 within 5 days and stilled out with perfect results. ...  i think with 30 degrees it is fine when the alcohol volume is only small but it cools as the sugar gets used up

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2001
        Just a follow up on the slow mash story. I wrapped an old water bed heater around the drum and away she fired. Its moved .02 sg in 2 days and I recon it will be ready to fire very soon. Thanx all for the assistance, I love a happy ending.

        Kez