Re: [new_distillers] Re: New distiller with questions....

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 29, 2003
      Upper portions of both separators should be use the same components and should be identical. The "collection pool" should be as small as possible.

      noobtothis <drickles37388@...> wrote:OK, bokakob, i just went and looked at the design drawings of the single and double reducer stills. My observation is thus:

      The collection point on the single reducer is what looks like around 1/2 to 1/4" below the "hat" on the center tube going into the reducer. But, on the double reducer design the collection point is drawn at what looks to be maybe 1/4" below the top of the reducer. Is this just a matter of not being drawn to scale or is this the way
      the design is intended? If not to scale, then I have found my problem. The distillate is not going back down the column because it is allowing too much to be pooled in the top reducer. Response greatly appreciated. Another user here pointed this out to me but I did not see it till I actually went and looked at the designs again.

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...