Alcotec 8

  • cd n ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2001
      Goodmorning,

      A general query/advice from any who have tried
      successfully or unsuccessfully.

      Have not used Alcotec 8 previously, and having an 80
      litre fermentation vessel, I requested from my
      supplier what downfalls, problems etc I may experiece
      by doubling the wash to 50 Litres, with 16 Kg Sugar
      and 2x Acotec 8.

      Was advised that a single Alcotec 8 was sufficient to
      complete the full run.

      My method would be as follows: start wash in normal
      way with 8 Kg Sugar, dissolved in 5 L boiling water-
      cold water added to 50L, 1x Alcotec added when temp
      suitable.
      24 Hrs after fermentation starts add 2 Kg extra sugar,
      24 Hrs later add 4 Kg extra sugar,
      24 hrs later last 2 Kg.

      External temp will be approx 15 - 20 degrees C so will
      expect a slower fermentation than as per specs.

      Any advice comments etc

      Ta

      Seeya

      Chris,

      =====
      cd n ca
      cdccash@...

      Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of
      alcohol!

      =====