Re: [new_distillers] Exhaust flange corrosion

  • Frank Baxley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2003
      Well what I would do is get a piece of 1/4 stainless steel plate like 4x4x1/4 or what ever the size of the flange is that you are using and trace the pattern onto the stainless steel drill the holes out or take to a steel shop and have them to drill the hole out and plasma burn the center hole out. If need be.

      the1foy <the1foy@...> wrote:So I have my still pretty much built, only there's one thing. The
      exhaust flange that I used as part of my keg-to-column is made out of
      regular steel, and as such seems to want to corrode quite a bit.
      While only the inside rim of it will actually be in contact with any
      vapour, and so I'm not sure if it would even be a problem, it is
      still irritating. Should I just use the split two inch copper pipe
      as a sleeve as is given in the moonshinestill.com plans, even though
      it's not really necessary otherwise, or should I just leave it alone
      and try to clean and dry it immediately after use? Thanks.

      TheFoy

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Frank & Kathy