Re: first try, no beer/wine experience

  • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2003
      Sounds fine.
      My first was a 5 liter pot from a salvo store with a hole drilled in it,
      a length of split silicone tubing aaround the lip and a length of coiled
      copper. Try not to use a really fine gauge of copper. Bigger the better
      up to about 1/4 inch. much bigger and you have trouble coiling it
      tightly without crimping it. You can of course coil it and put it in a
      bucket with a hole drilled in the bottom. What I did. Just poke the
      bottom outlet of the coil through and keep the water in the bucket cold
      with ice. Silicone around the bottom of the coil outlet for a seal and
      stand it on a milk crate so you can put you reciever under it. A lot
      simpler than containing the water in a sealed container.
      Cheers,
      Leigh.