Re: [new_distillers] mango liqueur

  • ups474@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13 2:54 PM
      Traditional shnaps is made by mixing up a "mash" that is one third fruit and
      two-thirds 40-50%abv vodka, and then redistilling it. Just mash up the fruit
      into a pulp, add the alcohol (polished sugar spirit is fine) and let it soak
      for 4 weeks, then distill ( a hot water bath still is needed- a heating
      element-still won't work because you distill the alcohol with the fruit still
      soaking in it- the fruit will stick to the element and burn- causing off
      flavors). I know this system works well with stuff like blackberries, and
      cherries- I haven't tried mango- could be worth it.