Re: [new_distillers] competition

  • KEZ
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2001
      Gday

      We have paid for a liquor licence for the day from 1-7pm so that side is covered. As its in Australia it is illegal to make spirit all spirits entered have been made from purchased vodka, brandy etc. I didn't mention that all are welcome, even those who don't enter anything and its free to come along but purchasing tastings will cost.

      Kez
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2001
        Hi Kez, me again Jan!!!!. I suppose you can get around the SALE of grog by
        exchanging it for something as saleable but with less heat attached to
        it.Dont worry about the local police,they are gentlemen compared to that mob
        of excise enforcers.They will nail your arse to the wall for everybody to
        see as you have no licence to distill,no licence to sell it, you pay no
        licencing tax and you are trying to get out of the GST slug. be prepared
        to face the music with hefty fines and/or jail term.

        Now to you Cris,I have seen that advertisement too about a distilling unit
        for sale,BEWARE all you future distillers,it could be a trap,it might not be
        but be careful. The government is being harassed by the other mob of
        inflated drink dispensers to do something about home distilling as they are
        going to loose their lifestyle.Some tax mongrels are already targeting home
        brew shops with all sorts of weak excuses to try and nail them.
        So dont give me any excuses at a later date that were NOT WARNED.
        All the best Jan.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2001
          Interesting... Homebrew shop owners bothered for the crimes of home
          distillers. Sounds like what the US gov't did a while back- they raided all
          the hydroponic shops as an excuse to stop dope growers- hydroponics still has
          a "only dope growers use it" image. I wonder if the Aussie gov't is taking
          lessons from the US law enforcement community? Don't worry-
          "americanization" isn't all bad- The school shootings stop during the summer
          break.
          Maybe New Zealand should be held up as amodel to US and Aus gov't so they
          will leave the citizens alone. Sorry, anyone wanna buy a used soapbox?