Re: [new_distillers] competition

  • janpam ooms
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2001
      Hi Kez,
      Dont broadcast it too much as you will have the excise boys on your doorstep
      with a summons.You are NOT allowed to sell any beer,wine or spirits at
      all,even if it is home made,so be careful.There are plenty of mongrels who
      love to dob you good samaritans in with the mongrel authorities. Regards
      Jan.

      >From: "KEZ" <kezza@...>
      >To: "Distillers" <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [new_distillers] competition
      >Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:37:03 +1000
      >
      >Gday
      >
      >I hope this is ok to post to the list. I live on the Gold Coast Hinterland,
      >Queensland and our local community are having a brew and grog competition
      >to raise funds for our local community hall.
      >
      >Called the Austinfest, http://www.tradingwhispers.com/nimmel/austinfest.htm
      >We are looking for about 20 entrants for spirits, beer, wine, etc. This is
      >very low key competition. Basically it will be a sharing of tips, showing
      >off and tasting our best brews. There will be prizes and judging of course.
      >Its free to enter anything drinkable and all entries will be sold to the
      >public as fund raising.
      >
      >We are looking for both entrants of home made grog and donations of alcohol
      >related prizes. Anyone who would like to donate (thinking of mail order
      >brew shops here) can send their catalogs etc which will be displayed on the
      >day.
      >
      >You can email me gday@... if you would like more info or ring
      >Sharryn her phone number is at the web site.
      >
      >TTFN, Kez
    • chris and carol caldwell
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2001
        Kez,

        totally agree with Jan - there are a few absolute
        dickheads (for want of a less printable desription)
        out there who are only too willing to throw crap
        around.

        Just a quick aside - Dunno whether a recent ad in one
        of the recent Local Trading Posts was a leader - some
        person advertising a "Home Distilling Kit" for sale
        in Qld - isn't the heat exchange process illegal in
        Aust???

        But goodluck with your fundraising efforts - but
        beware the SALE word.

        Chris.

        --- janpam ooms <janpamooms@...> wrote:
        <HR>
        <tt>
        Hi Kez,<BR>
        Dont broadcast it too much as you will have the excise
        boys on your doorstep <BR>
        with a summons.You are NOT allowed to sell any
        beer,wine or spirits at <BR>
        all,even if it is home made,so be careful.There are
        plenty of mongrels who <BR>
        love to dob you good samaritans in with the mongrel
        authorities.  Regards   <BR>
        Jan.<BR>
        <BR>
        <BR>
        <kezza@...><BR>
        <Distillers@yahoogroups.com><BR>
        >Subject: [new_distillers] competition<BR>
        >Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:37:03 +1000<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Gday<BR>
        ><BR>
        >I hope this is ok to post to the list. I live on
        the Gold Coast Hinterland, <BR>
        >Queensland and our local community are having a
        brew and grog competition <BR>
        >to raise funds for our local community hall.<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Called the Austinfest, <a
        href="http://www.tradingwhispers.com/nimmel/austinfest.htm">http://www.tradingwhispers.com/nimmel/austinfest.htm</a>
        <BR>
        >We are looking for about 20 entrants for spirits,
        beer, wine, etc. This is <BR>
        >very low key competition. Basically it will be a
        sharing of tips, showing <BR>
        >off and tasting our best brews. There will be
        prizes and judging of course. <BR>
        >Its free to enter anything drinkable and all
        entries will be sold to the <BR>
        >public as fund raising.<BR>
        ><BR>
        >We are looking for both entrants of home made grog
        and donations of alcohol <BR>
        >related prizes. Anyone who would like to donate
        (thinking of mail order <BR>
        >brew shops here) can send their catalogs etc which
        will be displayed on the <BR>
        >day.<BR>
        ><BR>
        >You can email me gday@... if you would
        like more info or ring <BR>
        >Sharryn her phone number is at the web site.<BR>
        ><BR>
        >TTFN, Kez<BR>
        <BR>
        </tt>

        <tt>
        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
        new_distillers-unsubscribe@onelist.com<BR>
        <BR>
        </tt>

        <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
        href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
        of Service</a>.</tt>

        =====
        cd & ca caldwell
        cdccash@...

        Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol!

      • KEZ
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2001
          Gday

          We have paid for a liquor licence for the day from 1-7pm so that side is covered. As its in Australia it is illegal to make spirit all spirits entered have been made from purchased vodka, brandy etc. I didn't mention that all are welcome, even those who don't enter anything and its free to come along but purchasing tastings will cost.

          Kez
          Dont broadcast it too much as you will have the excise boys on your doorstep
          with a summons.You are NOT allowed to sell any beer,wine or spirits at
          all,even if it is home made,so be careful.There are plenty of mongrels who
          love to dob you good samaritans in with the mongrel authorities.  Regards
          Jan.

          >From: "KEZ" <kezza@...>
          >To: "Distillers" <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: [new_distillers] competition
          >Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:37:03 +1000
          >
          >Gday
          >
          >I hope this is ok to post to the list. I live on the Gold Coast Hinterland,
          >Queensland and our local community are having a brew and grog competition
          >to raise funds for our local community hall.
          >
          >Called the Austinfest, http://www.tradingwhispers.com/nimmel/austinfest.htm
          >We are looking for about 20 entrants for spirits, beer, wine, etc. This is
          >very low key competition. Basically it will be a sharing of tips, showing
          >off and tasting our best brews. There will be prizes and judging of course.
          >Its free to enter anything drinkable and all entries will be sold to the
          >public as fund raising.
          >
          >We are looking for both entrants of home made grog and donations of alcohol
          >related prizes. Anyone who would like to donate (thinking of mail order
          >brew shops here) can send their catalogs etc which will be displayed on the
          >day.
          >
          >You can email me gday@... if you would like more info or ring
          >Sharryn her phone number is at the web site.
          >
          >TTFN, Kez

        • janpam ooms
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2001
            Hi Kez, me again Jan!!!!. I suppose you can get around the SALE of grog by
            exchanging it for something as saleable but with less heat attached to
            it.Dont worry about the local police,they are gentlemen compared to that mob
            of excise enforcers.They will nail your arse to the wall for everybody to
            see as you have no licence to distill,no licence to sell it, you pay no
            licencing tax and you are trying to get out of the GST slug. be prepared
            to face the music with hefty fines and/or jail term.

            Now to you Cris,I have seen that advertisement too about a distilling unit
            for sale,BEWARE all you future distillers,it could be a trap,it might not be
            but be careful. The government is being harassed by the other mob of
            inflated drink dispensers to do something about home distilling as they are
            going to loose their lifestyle.Some tax mongrels are already targeting home
            brew shops with all sorts of weak excuses to try and nail them.
            So dont give me any excuses at a later date that were NOT WARNED.
            All the best Jan.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 8, 2001
              Interesting... Homebrew shop owners bothered for the crimes of home
              distillers. Sounds like what the US gov't did a while back- they raided all
              the hydroponic shops as an excuse to stop dope growers- hydroponics still has
              a "only dope growers use it" image. I wonder if the Aussie gov't is taking
              lessons from the US law enforcement community? Don't worry-
              "americanization" isn't all bad- The school shootings stop during the summer
              break.
              Maybe New Zealand should be held up as amodel to US and Aus gov't so they
              will leave the citizens alone. Sorry, anyone wanna buy a used soapbox?