Re: [new_distillers] Re: Heating Elements and controls

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2003
      Wil wrote:
      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Heating Elements and controls

      Mike,
      I have removed the document, as the information contained is covered in previous posts in the groups.  It was not my intent to
      plagerize believe me,  I just posted it before thinking.  It was informtaion that I myself had found useful and wanted to pass on to
      another needy soul.
      ===============
      Hi Wil,
      I apologise if I sounded overly huffy.  By all means publish that doc, but add a bit about who to contact if there are any questions ... that's all.  Your aim was to be helpful, and I'm all for that.  There is the copyright issue if you publish things lifted from the web generally, which is why it's always a good idea to check that out before going out with summaries like that, and it would make your eyes water to learn of the number of people sued for using a copyrighted pic without permission (note the warnings on Google if you search for images).  I will now assume my 'blessing posture' of standing on one leg, closing my left eye and holding aloft a glass of vodka .... you have my full blessing to publish that switching diagram in any way you like, but with the addition of a little footnote that tells anyone who has questions to send them to me.  That way, if they electrocute themselves, you are out of the loop :-)

      All the best,
      Mike N

    • Harley Daschund
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2003
        >From: "fermentsindarkness" <fermentsindarkness@...>
        >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [new_distillers] Heating Elements and controls
        >Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:58:02 -0000
        >
        >How do you regulate the energy going to your boilers that have screw
        >in heating elements?
        ...I use a Variable Transformer...regulates the power from 0 thru 100%...

        >ALso are these the high amp heating elements from household water
        >heaters?
        >
        >Are you using 110 or 220 V?

        I use a 220V element on a 120V circuit.....( 1/2 the voltage divides the
        wattage by 4 )