Re: My new beginning

  • mwmccaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2003
      If you're well insulated in the boiler and column, 600W is PLENTY
      (once heated up) to get extremely pure product if you run at high
      reflux rates. You should never need carbon if you stick to that.
      You can also get 95% with 1200 (assuming 50mm column diameter here),
      but if you compare the taste and smell to product made at 600W using
      90% reflux in both cases, you should clearly see a difference in
      purity. If increase the reflux ratio at higher power, you can drive
      the purity back up, but you will end up with a similar product rate
      as you would get at 600W.
      Have fun experimenting!
      Mike McCaw