Got my book (gas or elect?)

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2003
      In a message dated 8/19/03 7:21:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      jackflash@... writes:

      << after this evenings reads I'm wondering if electricity might not be a
      better way to go than gas. >>

      It seems that CA's last blackout was a couple years back (not counting
      brownouts). If you use gas, use a 12 volt pump to recirculate your coolant
      (thru a radiator) or else be prepared to stand ready to shut it down when the
      power goes out... or water your bushes and trees with the output from the
      condenser if using the faucet. But please don't just run it down the drain! The
      Colorado River doesn't make it to the ocean as it is.
      I use gas and when the power goes out (quite often in winter), so do the
      lights and the well pump. Makes for a funtime shutting it all down in
      complete darkness. Now have a battery running the 12V recirculating pump with a
      battery charger on the battery. And a flashlight.. ...bw.....