Re: [new_distillers] Galvanized and silicone

  • Brandon Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2003
      the flanges that u speak of are very he in the states--approx $25 for a 2.5" brass flange-- i would not risk trying the galvanized-- stick to copper -stainless- or brass--
      Blueflame456
      Wil <wbg_us@...> wrote:
      I have one particular part(flange) on my new still that I can find
      cheap in galvanized steel,  but it will cost a ball if i try to get
      it in copper or brass,  I plan on potting it well in silicone so the
      galvanizing is not exposed to the vapors,  but has anyone had any
      experience in using galvanized in their stills and if so with what
      results??

      Thanks,
      Wil

      Do you Yahoo!?