Ahhhhhh the joys of Yeast Ranching!!

  • Wil
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2003
      I have 2 batches of sugar wash happily "Plocking" in the tub. One
      started 2 days ago, the other today. Both are 4.5 gallons (Sorry
      guys im an american). Each has 9lb sugar, a cup of Blackstrap, 4
      Tsp Citric Acid, 2 Tsp yeast nutrient and 4 packs of Lalvin EC-
      1118. They both are about the color of black coffe with an OG of
      1.100 and the batch started about 2 days ago has a developed a nice
      creamy color about 4" deep into the brew as the little yeasties go
      about their life cycle...

      No questions or comments here, Just the joy of being a Yeast
      Rancher, Get along little Dogies!! :o>