"Z" Filter

  • John Fleming
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2001
      There seems to be a lot of "Hoo Haa" about this thing. I have recently seen
      one and it is a plastic bent in a S shape and which you fill with carbon.
      Exactly the same effect could be achieved (with less cost and less risk of
      contamination) by using a straight length of glass tubing. Why do we make
      this simple gadget sound like black magic?

      Fledo
    • janpam ooms
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2001
        Hello John,i have seen this new black plastic so called black magic super
        filter.I fully agree with you in regard to cost.it is over priced and still
        plastic,not glass as you suggest or 316 stainless.the alcohol will leach
        harmful elements into the alcohol and into our system.Anyone that uses
        plastic as a filter need their head examined.
        Well i had my say. Best Regards Jan.