Re: [new_distillers] Z unit distilling

  • janpam ooms
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5, 2001
      Personally i dont believe in plastic filters for alcohol,no matter what all
      the wizards have to say. Remember when DDT hit the market and look at it
      now.Stick to good old 316 stainless and you will have no health problems.
      Regards Jan.

      >From: "G&N" <glennnat@...>
      >To: <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Z unit distilling
      >Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:35:13 +0800
      >
      >John... yes that is what i wanted to know..what is the end result like
      >compared to the other way?
      >
      >thanks Glenn

    • janpam ooms
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2001
        Hello Glenn,
        I like to tell you about the best charcoal filter i have seen and used
        sofar.it is pressurised system as made by David Reid in New Zealand. it is a
        stainless barrel with a stainless carbon filled filter underneath it and
        pressurised to 2 lbs only.it filters 1 litre of spirit in 30 minutes.it is a
        brilliant filter.May be we can convince David again to post his message on
        the net as he did on 2 June 01 .
        Regards Jan. Davids email: nzag@...

        >From: "G&N" <glennnat@...>
        >To: <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Z unit distilling
        >Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 21:56:10 +0800
        >
        >John ..what exactly do you mean by this?
        >
        >Re a recent inquiry on this system, I have used it twice. The results have
        >been about the same (except in speed) as the 72 hour dribble that preceeded
        >it in terms of pong and taste.
        >
        >Thanks Glenn

      • G&N
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2001
          Sound good to me Jan ...are they on the market or are they home made?

        • janpam ooms
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 9, 2001
            Glenn,they are home made but are easy to manufacture from am old beer barrel
            and some elbows and 2inch dairy fittings and a ball valve, all in stainless
            of course. Email me your mailing adress and i will send you a copy of the
            email. Regards Jan. Stay away from any plastic crap like this heaven sent z
            filter.