RE: [new_distillers] Reflux Still Design 101

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2001
      Al - are you talking about having the plastic in contact with the alcohol,
      or just as the outer casing on the condensor. If the first - you may need
      to be careful about the grade of plastic, to make sure that it won't be
      affected/leach stuff into the hot alcohol. If the later, then you've still
      got a metal tube carrying the vapour, so the heat transfer from the cooling
      water to the vapour won't be affected would it ?

      Tony
    • al lewis
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2001
        Hi Tony/Elle. thank you for your message. No I couldnt find any 1 1/2"
        copper pipe for the outer of the condenser that is where the plastic
        pipe will be, just for the water jacket. Thank you for your interest and
        taking the time to mail me. Its moving along now, hope to get a picture
        in when its completed. thanks agein al/