Re: [new_distillers] New photos

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2003
      Pleasin Squeezin wrote:
      Subject: [new_distillers] New photos

      Just finished building my first N-S design
      51 mm column 1.68 m total length, 1.55 packed.
      2500kW element.
      4" Triclover coupling for boiler access.
      I have not tried it out yet, but I am looking forward to it.
      =====================
      Pretty!!!!!!!! :-)
      Good luck with your first run!
      Mike N
    • Wil
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2003
        Good looking rig man, hey, where did U find the compression fitting
        to hold the column to the cooker??>
      • PJ
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 11, 2003
          Thanks Wil,
          I bought it at a local plumbing / AC supplier. Works really nice
          for column stability. (At least for me..) I silver soldered the
          coupling to the top of the keg fitting. It worked out great. The
          solder I use is a low temperature type and holds just like it was
          brazed or welded.

          HTH..
          PJ

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2003
            Wil,
            I think I just made a "really stupid"..
            I thought you were refering to my rig and posted something dumb.

            So sorry.. I guess I ought to pay attention to the subject line..

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
              Do U remember what the fitting is called and did U get it in the
              States? or are you located elsewhere..

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "PJ" <deadspam@b...> wrote:
              > Thanks Wil,
              > I bought it at a local plumbing / AC supplier. Works really nice
              > for column stability. (At least for me..) I silver soldered the
              > coupling to the top of the keg fitting. It worked out great. The
              > solder I use is a low temperature type and holds just like it was
              > brazed or welded.
              >
              > HTH..
              > PJ
              >
              > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
              > > Good looking rig man, hey, where did U find the compression
              > fitting
              > > to hold the column to the cooker??>
            • pleasinsqueezin
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
                Wil,

                I found the fitting ( a 4" Tri-Clover) at a local salvage yard. It
                came from pharmaceutical plant in town.

                Many plants which are food garde or drug related use these on their
                piping because it is easy to disassemble and clean - which is just
                what we want!

                I had to buy some extra adjoining pipe, but it was worth it.

                Also gaskets are very available.

                Hope this helps,

                Pleasin Squeezin

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
                > Good looking rig man, hey, where did U find the compression
                fitting
                > to hold the column to the cooker??>
              • Rutger
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 30, 2003
                  I made a album called Rutger. Added my photos of my 60 ltr installation. It
                  is a kind of dutch 'Jenever' distiller, hence the helmet. All made out of
                  used waterheaters, heatsource is 45 kW propane.

                  Rutger