New photos

  • Pleasin Squeezin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2003
      Just finished building my first.
      N-S design
      51 mm column 1.68 m total length, 1.55 packed.
      2500kW element.
      4" Triclover coupling for boiler access.
      I have not tried it out yet, but I am looking forward to it.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2003
        Pleasin Squeezin wrote:
        Subject: [new_distillers] New photos

        Just finished building my first N-S design
        51 mm column 1.68 m total length, 1.55 packed.
        2500kW element.
        4" Triclover coupling for boiler access.
        I have not tried it out yet, but I am looking forward to it.
        =====================
        Pretty!!!!!!!! :-)
        Good luck with your first run!
        Mike N
      • Wil
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 11, 2003
          Good looking rig man, hey, where did U find the compression fitting
          to hold the column to the cooker??>
        • PJ
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2003
            Thanks Wil,
            I bought it at a local plumbing / AC supplier. Works really nice
            for column stability. (At least for me..) I silver soldered the
            coupling to the top of the keg fitting. It worked out great. The
            solder I use is a low temperature type and holds just like it was
            brazed or welded.

            HTH..
            PJ

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 11, 2003
              Wil,
              I think I just made a "really stupid"..
              I thought you were refering to my rig and posted something dumb.

              So sorry.. I guess I ought to pay attention to the subject line..

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
                Do U remember what the fitting is called and did U get it in the
                States? or are you located elsewhere..

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "PJ" <deadspam@b...> wrote:
                > Thanks Wil,
                > I bought it at a local plumbing / AC supplier. Works really nice
                > for column stability. (At least for me..) I silver soldered the
                > coupling to the top of the keg fitting. It worked out great. The
                > solder I use is a low temperature type and holds just like it was
                > brazed or welded.
                >
                > HTH..
                > PJ
                >
                > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
                > > Good looking rig man, hey, where did U find the compression
                > fitting
                > > to hold the column to the cooker??>
              • pleasinsqueezin
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2003
                  Wil,

                  I found the fitting ( a 4" Tri-Clover) at a local salvage yard. It
                  came from pharmaceutical plant in town.

                  Many plants which are food garde or drug related use these on their
                  piping because it is easy to disassemble and clean - which is just
                  what we want!

                  I had to buy some extra adjoining pipe, but it was worth it.

                  Also gaskets are very available.

                  Hope this helps,

                  Pleasin Squeezin

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Wil" <wbg_us@y...> wrote:
                  > Good looking rig man, hey, where did U find the compression
                  fitting
                  > to hold the column to the cooker??>
                • Rutger
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 30, 2003
                    I made a album called Rutger. Added my photos of my 60 ltr installation. It
                    is a kind of dutch 'Jenever' distiller, hence the helmet. All made out of
                    used waterheaters, heatsource is 45 kW propane.

                    Rutger