  • watertrade2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2003
      Hi Everyone, This weekend I hope to have my column attached to the keg
      and everything should be ready to go - I'm going to do a water run to
      check for leaks and to get a feel for how it works... My question is...
      I have been pretty carefull to clean as I go to try and reduce the
      amount of crap (Crap = flux,loose solder etc) on the inside of the
      tubes - Can anyone recommend any cleaning I should do before I try to
      distill spirt? - I'm hopeing the water run will flush most of the
      dirt out...

      CHeers
      Jim
    • Brandon Lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003

        Greetings-- we have always used a diluted vinegar and water solution about 50/50--we make a wooden trough --line with poly-or thich trash bag-place parts to be cleaned inside trough-pour solution to cover all of parts and let soak overnite--next morning shiny very very clean--flush with plenty of water and it is ready to go into operation-- save the trough-after about every 3rd run we reflush with new solution  --our product never has any discoloration-- don't be alarmed -the solution that u discard will have a blueish green tint to it--telling u it has done its job--for brass fittings do the same but use hydrogen peroxide solution
        your brother in the spirits
        Blueflame456
        watertrade2003 <james1@...> wrote:
        Hi Everyone, This weekend I hope to have my column attached to the keg
        and everything should be ready to go - I'm going to do a water run to
        check for leaks and to get a feel for how it works... My question is...
        I have been pretty carefull to clean as I go to try and reduce the
        amount of crap (Crap = flux,loose solder etc) on the inside of the
        tubes - Can anyone recommend any cleaning I should do before I try to
        distill spirt?   - I'm hopeing the water run will flush most of the
        dirt out...

        CHeers
        Jim

        Do you Yahoo!?