Re: the complete distiller

  • watertrade2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
      Thanks Mike,
      My poor Girlfriend is searching melbourne to get a copy - she was sure
      she would be able to find it! We live in canberra but she is in
      melbourne at the moment - I will call off the hunt and order it via the
      website - I will also have a word with the guy at my local homebrew
      store - he stocks the spirts unlimited book and still spirts equipment.
      I'll place the order in the next few days!
      Cheers
      Jim

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
      > watertrade2003 wrote:
      > Subject: [new_distillers] the complete distiller
      >
      > Does anyone know if 'The Complete Distiller"- Mike Nixon and Mike McCaw is available in shops anywhere in melbourne australia? or is it just available via the net?
      > I know its a long shot but if anyone knows it would be a great help
      > ==================
      > Sorry Jim. No shops in Oz yet. If you place the order via the website then I will be the one to deal with it. I'll only charge you the actual cost of postage to Oz (er ...plus the cost of the book!)
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Mike N
    • Brian Rowe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
        Hey James
        I wouldn't bother about buying the Spirits Unlimited book.
        You need at least to buy Ian Smileys or John Stones book as well.
        The Mikes book is more about equipment and theory - the others about
        technique
        my opinion anyway
        cheers
        Brian

        > My poor Girlfriend is searching melbourne to get a copy - she was sure
        > she would be able to find it! We live in canberra but she is in
        > melbourne at the moment - I will call off the hunt and order it via the
        > website - I will also have a word with the guy at my local homebrew
        > store - he stocks the spirts unlimited book and still spirts equipment.
        > I'll place the order in the next few days!
        > Cheers
        > Jim
        >
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
        > > watertrade2003 wrote:
        > > Subject: [new_distillers] the complete distiller
        > >
        > > Does anyone know if 'The Complete Distiller"- Mike Nixon and Mike McCaw
        is available in shops anywhere in melbourne australia? or is it just
        available via the net?
        > > I know its a long shot but if anyone knows it would be a great help
        > > ==================
        > > Sorry Jim. No shops in Oz yet. If you place the order via the website
        then I will be the one to deal with it. I'll only charge you the actual
        cost of postage to Oz (er ...plus the cost of the book!)

        > > Cheers,
        > > Mike N
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • watertrade2003
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
          Thanks Brian, A little to late on the spirts unlimited book. I bought
          it a few months back - It had enough info to get me excited but now I'm
          after abit more theory. Thanks for the recommendation though! '

          Cheers
          Jim
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Brian Rowe <browe2@b...>