Re: [new_distillers] the complete distiller

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
      watertrade2003 wrote:
      Subject: [new_distillers] the complete distiller

      Does anyone know if 'The Complete Distiller"- Mike Nixon and Mike McCaw is available in shops anywhere in melbourne australia? or is it just available via the net?
      I know its a long shot but if anyone knows it would be a great help
      ==================
      Sorry Jim.  No shops in Oz yet.  If you place the order via the website then I will be the one to deal with it.  I'll only charge you the actual cost of postage to Oz (er ...plus the cost of the book!)

      Cheers,
      Mike N

    • watertrade2003
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
        Thanks Mike,
        My poor Girlfriend is searching melbourne to get a copy - she was sure
        she would be able to find it! We live in canberra but she is in
        melbourne at the moment - I will call off the hunt and order it via the
        website - I will also have a word with the guy at my local homebrew
        store - he stocks the spirts unlimited book and still spirts equipment.
        I'll place the order in the next few days!
        Cheers
        Jim

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
        > watertrade2003 wrote:
        > Subject: [new_distillers] the complete distiller
        >
        > Does anyone know if 'The Complete Distiller"- Mike Nixon and Mike McCaw is available in shops anywhere in melbourne australia? or is it just available via the net?
        > I know its a long shot but if anyone knows it would be a great help
        > ==================
        > Sorry Jim. No shops in Oz yet. If you place the order via the website then I will be the one to deal with it. I'll only charge you the actual cost of postage to Oz (er ...plus the cost of the book!)
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Mike N
      • Brian Rowe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
          Hey James
          I wouldn't bother about buying the Spirits Unlimited book.
          You need at least to buy Ian Smileys or John Stones book as well.
          The Mikes book is more about equipment and theory - the others about
          technique
          my opinion anyway
          cheers
          Brian

          > My poor Girlfriend is searching melbourne to get a copy - she was sure
          > she would be able to find it! We live in canberra but she is in
          > melbourne at the moment - I will call off the hunt and order it via the
          > website - I will also have a word with the guy at my local homebrew
          > store - he stocks the spirts unlimited book and still spirts equipment.
          > I'll place the order in the next few days!
          > Cheers
          > Jim
          >
          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
          > > watertrade2003 wrote:
          > > Subject: [new_distillers] the complete distiller
          > >
          > > Does anyone know if 'The Complete Distiller"- Mike Nixon and Mike McCaw
          is available in shops anywhere in melbourne australia? or is it just
          available via the net?
          > > I know its a long shot but if anyone knows it would be a great help
          > > ==================
          > > Sorry Jim. No shops in Oz yet. If you place the order via the website
          then I will be the one to deal with it. I'll only charge you the actual
          cost of postage to Oz (er ...plus the cost of the book!)

          > > Cheers,
          > > Mike N
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • watertrade2003
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
            Thanks Brian, A little to late on the spirts unlimited book. I bought
            it a few months back - It had enough info to get me excited but now I'm
            after abit more theory. Thanks for the recommendation though! '

            Cheers
            Jim
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Brian Rowe <browe2@b...>