Re: [new_distillers] Re: My first proper run, and a temp question.

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2003
      I dont know about heating elements because I simmer my brew on the gas burner, but incandencent laps, what are somewhat similar in nature to heating elements, go dim and barely pulsating to the naked eye. The light output also is less. So it may work. It also reduces the usuful life of a bulb. I am not that sure in circuit design. I just remember it from my school days. I am sure about a diode -- it will cut one half of the sine wave and it should resemble those fancy zero switching things. In this case you would not have infinite variation, but at least you could half whatever combination of heating elements you can think of. Maybe somone with more experience could help you. In the end there is always $5.00 tea cup immersion heater to experiment with. I wish I could build an electric boiler myself. Good luck and if it is so good let others know...

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...

      Do you Yahoo!?