Re: question to Tony

  • watertrade2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2003
      Well, when you put it that way it makes sense to keep it as a work
      in progress... either way it is much appreciated. + I guess I should
      thank Jack and Wal too .!

      Jim

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)"
      <Tony.Ackland@c...> wrote:
      > > have you ever thought about collecting all
      > > the info from your site and making a book?
      >
      > Yeah, but I'm not too fussed on it. Keeping it electronic means
      that I can keep adding to it, and removing the many mistakes as they
      get pointed out to me. In addition, so much of the material there
      has come from so many different contributers - eg I'd need Wal to
      write the flavouring & liqueurs chapters, and Jack to do the grain
      based washes. It would be a lie to put just my name to it.

      > It would also need a serious re-write, to tidy up much of the
      layout, and ensure that all the content is consistant from one
      section to another (and even within sections). I've been building
      up the site for the last 5 years or so now, basically one paragraph
      at a time, as i see wee snippets of information. Not all it agrees -
      I usually find something out of place when i sit down and read it
      all. Some of the early stuff is missleading or wrong and needs
      revising. In other sections, I deliberately present opposing views
      on how to achieve a results, just to stress that there are many ways
      of doing stuff, none of which is necessarily the "right and only"
      way. I should take the discipline to do this tidy-up anyhow, but I
      just dont have the time (travelling frequently for work, busy with
      two young kids at home) to sit down and re-do it all. Guess I
      should just start, one chapter at a time, eh ?

      > > Even if you
      > > were to produce a downloadable version I'd be happy to hand over
      the
      > > money...
      >
      > You can always download the site and print it off (it will fill up
      a whole ring-binder (last time i tried a few years back) - see
      http://homedistiller.org/download.htm

      > > could anyone anyone recommend any
      > > books on distilling? I have - Spirts Unlimited - Peter
      J.Wheeler &

      www.amphora-society.com - an excellent technical read.