Re: going commercial in US

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2003
      Here we go with the list and possibly not the complete one...
      Sorry to let you know that you must to obtain a commercial license. Then you have to pass FDA (Food and Drug Administration) requirements to operate your facility. After that you must satisfy ATF (Alcohol-Tobacco) agency accountability for sold amount of alcohol and for unused product. After that you must ensure distribution channels for your stuff. It means greasing left and right only to be able to deliver your spirit to regional distribution centers. After that comes convincing the stores to place it on the shelves. That does not count for local mob ties. After that comes marketing to make people actually believe that your alcohol is better then the others. When theoretically you succeed you must pay huge taxes. Is this enough?

      rabotene <rabotene@...> wrote:
      Hi, I admit I do not have a clear idea on how to distribute/sell.
      At first I was thinking of going to fairs etc. How did you overcome this challenge? How long does it take to start
      selling?  Thank you for your reply

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...

      Do you Yahoo!?