Filling copper tubeing with sand or salt

  • trailsendag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2003
      This is a process that has taken quite a bit of thought....I use a
      small funnel, and a large spoon...and a tall ladder...But a buddy of
      mine used compressed air and a hose to blow the sand,or salt into the
      copper tubeing he had a blast ( pun intended) lol But i digress, I
      first climb up the ladder to the top of the house and have my buddy
      hand up the uncoiled copper tubeing to me and pour the salt into the
      funnel( I tape the funnel to the copper tubeing, useing what we call
      duck tape a silver looking tape, that is used to tape up,air ducts)
      we use the time proven method of filling the tubeing, by pouring and
      the forces of gravity...but shakeing the tubeing and bumping it seems
      to get out most to the sand or salt to settle to the bottom.tape the
      bottom of your tubing or it will run out...LOL hope this helps...this
      is sent in humor and hope it is recived in the same... when all else
      fails...