Re: [new_distillers] fermenting

  • Harley Daschund
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 7, 2003
      A trash can or similar-suitable size container made of HDPE is
      fine....Rubbermaid makes a 'Bruno' brand or something like that...cant
      recall the exact name at the moment...check the bottom for HDPE.....PP is
      fine too only harder to find,in my experience and more expensive.....I use
      55gal HDPE drums with a spigot inserted abt 3" above the bottom for
      draining.....make sure the drum originally contained a food grade
      product.....a salvage yard near me has them,with removable-air tight lids
      for $8.....I would ship you one but it would be cost prohibitive...cant
      comment on the SS pot as I really dont know the prolonged effect of your
      particular ferment.....good luck...:>)