Heads or tails for Gert Strand's Amazing Still
- Following the instructions for Gert Strand's Amazing still -
- and using his Turbo 48 hour yeast (8kg sugar wash) I ended up with a
"vodka" that was tainted. I've tried using Carbon to clear it up but NG.
"That's tails!" a friend of mine said. "That's how tails smell!"
(I did another shorter 12 hour distillation giving about half a litre and
that seems to me to be OK, or better anyway. Though I doubt my nose now!)
1) Any one had direct experience who can comment.
2) How do you separate out heads and tails with a plastic still.
3) One gets the impression from the adverting _blurb_ that if one follows
the instructions a very palatable product will just happen.
4) Is that just _hype_ again then!?
Cheers (paying for my experience) Bob Bourne.