Heads or tails for Gert Strand's Amazing Still

  • Bob Bourne
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Following the instructions for Gert Strand's Amazing still -

      http://www.amazingstill.com/use.html

      - and using his Turbo 48 hour yeast (8kg sugar wash) I ended up with a
      "vodka" that was tainted. I've tried using Carbon to clear it up but NG.

      "That's tails!" a friend of mine said. "That's how tails smell!"

      (I did another shorter 12 hour distillation giving about half a litre and
      that seems to me to be OK, or better anyway. Though I doubt my nose now!)

      Questions:
      1) Any one had direct experience who can comment.
      2) How do you separate out heads and tails with a plastic still.
      3) One gets the impression from the adverting _blurb_ that if one follows
      the instructions a very palatable product will just happen.
      4) Is that just _hype_ again then!?

      Cheers (paying for my experience) Bob Bourne.