Two Design Modification Questions

  • advocarter2003
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2003
      Collumn 4 feet tall & 2 inch wide

      Design calls for a copper tee (2"x2"x1.5") with a 1.5" nipple
      connecting to the condesor housing.

      I am having trouble finding a few of the parts locally and would like
      to know if the following changes are a bad idea.

      Can I use 2" pipe thoughtout? Instead of 2"x2"x1.5", would 2"x2"x2"
      have a negative impact?

      Also, the plans call for a 3" copper condensor housing which is also
      not readily available. Can I coil the 1/4" tubing a little tighter
      and use a longer piece of 2" copper tubing for this as well?

      Thanks in advance for any assistance.

      Carter
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2003
        > Can I use 2" pipe thoughtout?

        Yes.

        > Instead of 2"x2"x1.5", would 2"x2"x2"
        > have a negative impact?

        No.

        > Also, the plans call for a 3" copper condensor housing which is also
        > not readily available. Can I coil the 1/4" tubing a little tighter
        > and use a longer piece of 2" copper tubing for this as well?

        Yes. A much prefered option. Coil it around a piece of 1" or 1.25" pipe.

        Tony
      • Brandon Lee