Still Plans

  • William Coyne
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2003
      Have you seen these plans/page?  What do you think?

      They look similar to the plans Quentin posted.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2003
        >Have you seen these plans/page? What do you think?
        >http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/ethanolfuel/id2.html

        There are better ways of building a continuous-feed column. That one does not have a stripping section, so a good proportion of the feed to the base of the column will simply go straight out the overflow and be wasted (alcohol down the drain). In addition, it requires that the full amount of wash material be brought up to boiling first - unessessary & time consuming.

        See http://homedistiller.org/cont.htm for details of the continuous column(s) I've built - prototype photo attached. All it requires is that you mount your column on a small boiler with an overflow tube, and that you introduce the feed 30cm or so above the boiler. You need two thermometers in it - on in the boiler just to check that youre not feeding it too fast, and another in the head just to check the purity that you're making it at. Simple and effective.

        Tony
      • William Coyne
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2003

          There are better ways of building a continuous-feed column.
          Tony

          Thanks, I will check it out.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Mike Nixon
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2003
            William Coyne wrote:
            Subject: [new_distillers] Still Plans

            Have you seen these plans/page?  What do you think?

            http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/ethanolfuel/id2.html

            They look similar to the plans Quentin posted.
            Hi Bill,

            You might care to put that question to Keith Addison ( keith@... ).
            He will be able to give you some interesting insights on Mr Robert Warren, whom he's known for some years.

            Mike N

          • CornFed (Randy)
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2003
              you can also go to http://www.infoarchive.net/ and then choose
              the 'biofuels' group. Conduct a search for "Charles 803" and
              then "Robert Warren" there is plenty of discussion about that still
              design.

              That search function will also work very well with the distillers and
              new-distillers lists.

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Nixon" <mike@s...> wrote:
              > William Coyne wrote:
              > Subject: [new_distillers] Still Plans
              >
              > Have you seen these plans/page? What do you think?
              >
              > http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/ethanolfuel/id2.html
              >
              > They look similar to the plans Quentin posted.
              > Hi Bill,
              >
              > You might care to put that question to Keith Addison ( keith@j... ).
              > He will be able to give you some interesting insights on Mr Robert
              Warren, whom he's known for some years.

              > Mike N
            • William Coyne