Re: condensor tower help

  • hoponpopontoponmoponcop@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2001
      Mud,
      In the reading I've done, the general rule of thumb is that the
      length of the column needs to be between 10 and 20 times the width.
      Your width of column; 3 inches, would imply a column of 30 to 60
      inches. Your's is like you guessed too short. The column height is
      critical. You need the height to get the temperature differences in
      the column that are the hallmark of a reflux still.

      Two suggestions:
      1. Remove the marbles/scrubbers and use your still as a pot still,
      which sounds like a better description, and enjoy making brandy.
      2. If you can't change it, then scrap it and start over. Don't
      worry, you're not the only person that will make more than one still.