Re: [new_distillers] Re: Thanks Guys

  • Darryl Ward
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1 4:21 AM
      Hello Wal

      Are you by any chance a Polish Count?

      The reason I am asking as I used to know one who lived in New Zealand for a
      while, Count Geoffrey Potocki de Montalk.

      He was a very fascinating and extremely eccentric individual.

      Darryl

      I do not suppose he is a relative?

      Message 2 of 23 , May 1 4:52 AM
        A Polish Count? Nuh!
        Eccentric? Maybe.
        The Potocki family is well known in Polish history, but Geoffrey is
        not a common Polish name and the de Montalk is a strange francized
        form (My-talk?) - maybe appropriate for an eccentric individual.
        Relative? I hope not.
        Waldemar von Nordhausen
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl Ward" <taliesin@p...>
        wrote:
        > Hello Wal
        >
        > Are you by any chance a Polish Count?
        >
        > The reason I am asking as I used to know one who lived in New
        Zealand for a
        > while, Count Geoffrey Potocki de Montalk.
        >
        > He was a very fascinating and extremely eccentric individual.
        >
        > Darryl
        >
        > I do not suppose he is a relative?

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • William Coyne
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1 8:25 AM
          Thanks,

          LOL
          Good luck with your enterprise Bill ... but for goodness sake, don't call it
          "Harrod's Vodka"
          Mike N

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • William Coyne
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1 8:34 AM

              The attorney asked how much we had invested and
            could I show reciepts for it for a possible name buy-out (I
            couldn't).  I was asked to swag a number and they'ld cut a check, but
            my pride wouldn't allow me to do it since I felt we were right and
            it's the principle, right?

            If your happy, you did the right thing.  What was the name they wanted?

            Bill

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • confederaterebel@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1 4:54 PM
              I know the names get old after awhile but my personal favorite is what the old timers called "squirrel liquer".  Ya drink enough "shine" and ya drop yer gun and climb the tree and get the squirrel with yer bare hands........lmao. I don't believe this is a copyright but check first.
            • Chris Alexander
              Message 6 of 23 , May 2 8:49 AM
                Nobody has chased me down yet for using Regocijo de Burro. For you
                english speakers, it translates as Donkey's Delight, named for the
                famous Burro de la Roqueta, an alchoholic donkey who for twenty years
                earned a living for his owner chugging beers for tourists.

                cheers.............................................Gringo Chris
              • brain_solenoid
                Message 7 of 23 , May 2 4:18 PM
                  > .............Donkey's Delight, named for the
                  > famous Burro de la Roqueta, an alchoholic donkey who for twenty
                  > years earned a living for his owner chugging beers for tourists.

                  Hahahahaha! I love it! A beer chuggin' donkey......sure beats the
                  dog I had that would lap up all the spilled beer at parties.

                  I guess you could say he made an "ass" of himself! Oh, man, I
                  couldn't resist!

                  Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride
                  in our work.
                  Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home
                  Distillery?

                  Regards,
                  BS
                • Jan Holten
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 2 7:13 PM
                    brain_solenoid wrote:

                    Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride in our work.
                    Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home Distillery?

                    Yes; I call my booze 'Copperhead' -- it bites :-/ The attached label is my latest;
                    'Kubanskaya', a flavored vodka.

                    Jan.
                  • Brian Rowe
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 2 9:12 PM
                      I call my creations "Boot Licker"

                      > Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride in our
                      work.
                      > Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home
                      Distillery?

                      > Yes; I call my booze 'Copperhead' -- it bites :-/ The attached
                      label is my latest;
                      > 'Kubanskaya', a flavored vodka.
                      >

                      > Jan.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • brain_solenoid
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 3 12:12 AM
                        How do you attach files to these posts? I was trying to upload my
                        label, but can't seem to find the selectable to allow me to do
                        that........

                        Thanks!
                        BS
                      • William Coyne
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 3 7:23 AM
                          If you are using yahoo for email, look under subject for the "attach files" link.

                          Let me know what email software you are using if your not writing from Yahoo's internet page.

                          I am sending an attachment just to make sure I can do what I said.

                          The attachment is nothing.

                          Bill

                          brain_solenoid <brain_solenoid@...> wrote:
                          How do you attach files to these posts?  I was trying to upload my
                          label, but can't seem to find the selectable to allow me to do
                          that........

                          Thanks!
                          BS

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • spoliatio
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 4 1:48 AM
                            Hi Brian
                            If you use Outlook Express for your " normal " mail just attach your
                            picture in the usual way, subject, Thanks Guys, and address the post
                            to new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                            Look forward to seeing your label.
                            Spoliatio

                            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "brain_solenoid"